planning Christmas, New Year, etc.

お疲れさまでした〜!

I just arrived back home from working. Yes, I said working. Finally I managed it to get a part-time jobs somewhere closed to my host family's place here in Owariasahi. Since today I'm working at a  German pastry shop. Well there are some German cakes like "Stollen". "Frankfurter Kranz", "Schwarzwaelderkirschtorte", etc and German bread sold, but actually no one of them is German or speaks neither German nor English. Well, I'm glad I can earn some money now by my own and don't have to sit in my room all day long.
The thing I worried the most about was, that because they will be very busy at Christmas and New Year's time, but because I planned a trip to Kyushu with my boyfriend for about one week, I won't be able to go there with him. Luckily the guy owning this shop said that he wished I were here for christmas, but it's alright to spend some holidays with my boyfriend since I don't see him that often. I really was surprised as he said so since I thought he will say something like, that if I'm not here for Christmas , he will look for another part-time jobber - well, he didn't say so. Lucky!
Because today was my first time, so first I was showed around in their shop and baking area, etc. I cut some fruits. decorated cakes and pies, packed cookies and chocolate bread into small cute bags - decorated with a bear since this is their mascot, made some boxes out of paper for placing the cookies and small pies in there, sold cakes - pudding - yoghurt - pies- cookies- bread to customers and has lunch together with the others, who are really friendly.


The owner of this shop is a 30 years-old guy, half Korean and half Japanese, who studied pastry in Germany for about 1 years, a 25 years-old gut from Osaka, who just can't stop talking Kansai dialect. haha.
another 18-years-old part-time working high school student and a 22 years-old university student, who also works there at the week-end and on holidays as a part-time jobber.
Furthermore it's very exhausting to work there by standing there all time and wearing contacts since I didn't wear contacts since about 3 months. haha. I was just too lazy.
But even if it is a bit exhausting it's fun to do something different and earning some money.

Well,  lately I'm thinking a lot about my future including Japanese language schools and universities, but a student's life is hard without money. And a not-yet student's life without money is harder than the life after entering a language school or university, I think. Well Japanese university aren't called the most expensive without any reason...haha.
Therefore I already thought about shorten my working holiday since it's just too expensive for me, my parents and my boyfriend I think. I would go back to Germany looking for a part-time job for about 10 months or one year, while my boyfriend would save (I'm still not sure if he really can do this. haha.) money instead on spending on trips, dinners etc. with me. Then entering a Japanese language schools one years-pre-college-course since my Japanese skills only need to reach level 3 or better of the JLPT for entering a Japanese university. There are some universities I'd like to go to, but it definitely should be an university of foreign language studies. For example Tokyo university of foreign language studies - but this will be hard since Tokyo's universities are one the most difficult universities of Japan, Kyoto university of foreign studies - there are a lot of languages offered, but because it's private one entering and tuition fees are very expensive, Kobe university of foreign studies - also seems to be difficult, but also offers a lot of foreign languages, accommodation, scholarships and everything a poor foreign student needs. haha. Furthermore it's located in Kobe. haha.
Well, not sure yet, what I will do depending on other people and how I will do at this pastry shop the next week.

Ah, what I almost forgot or did I already post about it? If yes, I'm sorry.
A few days ago I received an e-mail of this international pre-school in Kobe telling me that they don't need any teacher anymore yet, since it's not a real school only offering English classes, so children who will enter elementary or junior high school next year left this month. He also mentioned that if teachers will be needed again, I will get the job, but I don't trust saying like this.

3 Responses so far.

  1. Melody says:

    The cake looks deliciouss !
    I think the job at the pastry shop seems fun and it's good in a way. Maybe the owner likes you being there because you're German too? Hmm. But either way, I hope everything with the jobs and school and Christmas and etc works out fine >_<!

  2. Es freut mich tierisch für dich, dass du endlich einen Job hast! Und vorallem so ein verständlicher Chef :D Doch schade wegen der Lehrer-Stelle .__. Aber durchhalten! がんばって!
    Denkst du eigentlich daran, wieder nach Deutschland zu kommen? o= Wenn ja, können wir mal ja einen Kaffee trinken gehen ;)

  3. Hayley says:

    That cake looks yummy!
    Hope everything works out >^._.^<

Search This Blog