Japanese textbook review #4
I just finished my Japanese studies for today since I'm not in mood for further studies today. Or maybe because I finished my textbook? haha.
Therefore I thought I will write another short review about the book I just finished.
![]() |
|
新品価格
¥1,260から (2012/3/12 18:52時点) |
日本語500問 is a preparation book for the new JLPT level 5 and 4 since there were some changes of the level and the content in the last year.
This book is written in Japanese, English and Portuguese.
On its cover it's written that this book is for beginners of the Japanese language, but because of its content's structure I do not recommend it to total beginners. You need some knowledge before using this book since it is a preparation textbook for the lowest level of the JLPT.
This book is subdivided into Kanji - Vocabulary and Grammar needed for the JLPT Level 4 and 5.
It's not usual textbook containing of vocabulary, texts and exercises of a specific topic. In this book you can study Japanese by daily exercises of all categories. For example on the top there is a question about Kanji and its meaning, followed by an example sentences making you filling in the right missing vocabulary and the last exercises on each page is a grammatical exercise. On the next page you can look up your answers if they were correct, what the other words or Kanji mean and a short explanation of the grammar part with some examples. There are about 5 pages like this for each day. At the 7th day there is a short test about the Kanji, vocabulary and grammatical things of the previous week.
I think this way of studying is a quite nice idea, because you test yourself by studying with this book, but you also can decide your own way of studying like I did. I just studies the vocabs and Kanji followed by the grammar, but not just 5 pages a day.
For people, who have some knowledge of the Japanese language and wan to improve their skills for may reaching the JLPT 4 level this book is recommendable.
This series also offers books for the other JLPT levels.
There's one for the JLPT level 3-2 and one for the JLPT level 1, you also can purchase.
![]() |
|
新品価格
¥1,260から (2012/3/12 18:55時点) |
![]() |
|
新品価格
¥1,260から (2012/3/12 18:56時点) |
I will write a review about the other 2 books soon, so stay tuned!




Oooh. Good review!
The book looks much harder than the ones from before ^-^"!! I hope your Japanese studies are going welll <3